Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Lie-Nielsen Hand Tool Event - Charleston, SC - March 28-29th, 2014

Its official. I will be a guest demonstrator at the upcoming Lie-Nielsen Hand Tool Event in Charleston, SC on March 28th and 29th. It will be at the American College of the Building Arts.

I hope that anyone who has wanted to try out a traditional 18th century style hand plane will come on out and join in at the event. It should be fun and informative for all. 

Currently Christopher Schwarz and Mary May will be guess demonstrators as well at the event so the planes won't be the only reason to come out. I hope to learn a few techniques in carving from Mary. It has always been something I have admired and tried my hand at since a young age. I loved to carve wax and clay. I moved on to doing chip carving and some relief stuff later and then small figures but never got really serious about it.

I am happy that they have invited me to be a part of the event and will likely do another one or two this coming year as well. I will update everyone via the blog if and when that comes about.


No comments:

Post a Comment