Thursday, December 4, 2014

Square Ovolo - Now Taking Pre-Orders!

UPDATE: As of 12/7/2014- 9:34 est- no more new pre-orders on this plane until next time. Thank you for your enthusiasm! UPDATE

I am now taking pre-orders on 1/4" and 3/8" square ovolos. If you didn't see my previous post discussing these essential planes, read it here.


Below is a video demonstrating the 1/4" ovolo in use.  


The prices are as follows:

1/4" square ovolo: $285.00 + shipping
3/8" square ovolo: $295.00 + shipping

Shipping is $10 for one plane or $15 for two within the US. If you are outside the US, the actual shipping rate will be calculated. 

Please email your order to calebjames(at)me(dot)com with your complete name and ship to address. You will receive an invoice over the next day. Payment can be made via Paypal or by check sent to the address provided. If you do not receive an invoice, check your spam folder and/or contact me after 24 hours.

The estimated start time for these planes will be around the end of Januray. That is the start time, not when planes will be ready for shipping. Once I close orders, I will update the blog and provide an estimate of the lead time. If you want a specific time frame for your plane I can do my best to give you an individual estimate if you email me directly. 

It could take me a couple weeks to get a good estimate after I inventory my billet stock and contact Lie-Nielsen regarding blade inventory. I appreciate your patience.

I understand that ordering a plane with me is not a simple process. I sincerely appreciate everyone's enthusiasm for the traditional planes that I make and your patience, as well. I hope to have a smoother method of ordering in the future. Until then, please subscribe to the blog for future updates on pre-orders. This is the way that everyone will be notified in the future. I do not keep a "list" of ones that want to buy a plane for future pre-orders. I wish I could do that but it is just too messy and isn't really fair to everyone.

As a side note, I do, on occasion, have "extra" or "one-off" planes around the shop that I offer for sale. I put these up on Instagram occasionally so, if you are interested in that sort of thing, then follow me there on your smart phone or tablet by searching for @calebjamesblog on the Instagram app.

No comments:

Post a Comment