Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Windsor Chairmaking Classes with Peter Galbert At My Shop

I have been talking about having classes at my shop for a little while now. The wait is over! Peter Galbert is coming to teach two 6 day classes this spring. What's exciting about these classes is that they will feature the two chairs that will appear in Peter's upcoming book.



Each class will have six students and will have the chance to take either the class on the fan back side chair or the ballon back side chair. Don't be disappointed these classes are not on making an armchair. Trust me it will allow for much more in-depth instruction and give you a strong base to build on. The first class starts April 20th for the fan back and May 4th for the ballon back. Classes are $1300 which includes materials.



As many of you already know, Peter is an amazing teacher. I took a class with Pete some years ago and it had a huge impact on my work from there on out. I hope you can come and join us.

Since I am just hosting the classes at my shop you will need to contact Peter to register for the classes. You can contact him at peter@petergalbertchairmaker.com or 978-563-1425 to register or if you have any questions. If they are a success we hope to have more like it in the future.

2 comments:

  1. Caleb: It's fantastic that Pete will be teaching at your shop and especially great that Charlie will be assisting. There's not a better way to learn the ins and outs of chairmaking than with these two talented craftsmen. How do I know? I hosted a class with Pete last year. Fabulous class!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bill,

      You would know that for sure. Thanks for the positive endorsement. I can't wait. Its going to be a blast.

      Delete