Monday, October 7, 2013

Cyma Recta / Reversa Ogee Moulding Plane Demonstration

Here is another complex profile moulding plane that I wanted to share. It really is fun to use. I just love making a new plane like this.


This plane is aimed at making primarily a cyma recta profile. That is the ends of the "S" of the profile are horizontal while a cyma reversa has the ends of the "S" being vertical. Just think reVersa for vertical. This plane can make the cyma reversa profile if you stand the board vertically while working the edge. You just have to stop it at the right depth on your own rather than using the depth stop.


Here is a video of it in action. Enjoy!


3 comments:

  1. Hi Caleb,
    You're having way too much fun lately! The raised panel plane, now this complex moulding plane. As always, it looks great and works even better. Are you taking this plane to WIA ?
    What's the "black" nail polish on your finger? Ouch!
    later,
    doug

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Doug, I am taking this along. I will probably take most of the planes I have on hand.

      Oh and that nail polish doesn't come off with remover. I tried. :)

      Delete
  2. Hi Caleb,
    Would it be possible to reproduce your photo 'Ogee profile mouldings' in a project I am working on? I think what you create is very inspirational.
    Kind regards
    Paul Izard

    ReplyDelete